Tuesday 21 May 2013

My Fractions Learning

This is my fractions goal.


Stage 4
I am learning to find halves, quarters, fifths and thirds of sets and shapes.
I know that I can do this when:
I can share sets or shapes into halves, quarters, fifths and thirds of sets and shapes.
I can write and read the symbol for each fraction




My Fractions Reflection
I have been learning to find fractions of shapes and sets.  I can write and read the symbols for each fraction.  I can find fractions of shapes but I am still learning to find fractions of sets.  I didn't do well in this because I needed help.   I should of used some counters to help me.

1 comment:

Mrs Hodge said...

Hailley, you have been working really hard in our booster maths sessions this term. You demonstrate part-whole thinking strategies and you have deepened your knowledge considerably. You have spent a lot of time deepening your understanding of fractions and the concept of place value. You are much more confident about using your fraction knowledge to solve problems. I have been so impressed by your concentration, effort, and sharing of your mathematical thinking. I will test you soon to see just how much actual progress you have made in your use of strategies.

Your teachers are very impressed with your progress. Keep it up!